A new spin on my blog.....

A lot has happened since I last checked in. I met a wonderful man and we married on 11/12/11, I got a job at the National Audubon Society as the Administrative Assistant to the Legal Department, I've lost 30 pounds on Weight Watchers, and life in NYC is still awesome! I'm still teaching private music students, mostly piano right now, in addition to my "day job" and I cook a lot. Which brings me to the new spin on my blog. I often post my meal creations on facebook with great response from people who want the recipe so with my renewed interest in food and cooking, I'm going to try blogging about food for a bit and see how it goes. Any of you who know me know that food is one of my very favorite subjects.

Did I mention that my kitchen has about 18 inches of counter space and room for only 1 person to stand? It's a challenge, but I still manage to create tasty and healthy meals that my husband loves. Hopefully, you will love reading about and making my recipes in your kitchen. I'll try to include tips and tricks for working in a small kitchen and favorite kitchen gadgets I like too!  Oh, and weight watchers points when I know them.

Sunday night for dinner I made Giada's Turkey/Pancetta Meatloaf (4 servings, 7 WWPP/serving).  I didn't make the sandwiches in the recipe, just the meatloaf.  With it, I served Giada's Carmelized Fennel and Pancetta Salad (2 servings, 5 WWPP/serving).  *I used 1/2 the oil  and less vinegar in the salad recipe to cut down on points.  While my husband loved this recipe, I don't think I will serve the 2 things together again.  It was very rich. 
Tonight we had the leftover turkey meatloaf.  To go with it, I created a mixed green/potato salad.  I boiled some red potatoes and tossed them with homemade vinegarette (recipe below) then added some mixed greens and tossed it all together. It was really good. The warm potatoes wilted the lettuces slightly and was quite tasty!  I used about 10 oz of potatoes and all of the dressing below for 2 servings at 6 WWPP each.  Will make this one again!

Garlic Red-wine vinegarette
1 tsp. dijon mustart
1 tsp. red wine vinegar
2 tsp. lemon juice
1 garlic clove grated
1/2 small red onion finely chopped
2 TBSP chopped fresh parsley
1/4 tsp oregano
salt and pepper to taste
2 TBSP olive oil

Put all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.

A note on the creation of this recipe: I intended to use 3 tsp. red wine vinegar, but I ran out so I added a lemon juice instead.

I hope you enjoy these recipes as much as we did and I hope you'll follow my blog and send the link to your friends. I'm looking forward to sharing what's going on in my kitchen and my life in NYC.

Comments

Popular Posts