Thanksgiving Shepherd's Pie

Yesterday I could not decide what to make for dinner. I spent my lunch hour eating at my desk perusing recipes on Oprah.com.  I found Prince William's favorite Cottage Pie which looked delicious, but weighed in at 22 WWPP per serving.  Given the anticipated serving size I felt reasonably sure I would be plenty full on half a serving for 11 WWPP, but something told me to keep looking.  A few recipes later I saw sweet potatoes.  That's when it hit me.  I decided to make my own "Thanksgiving" version of Shepherd's Pie using ground turkey with onions and spinach in place of the traditional beef and sweet potatoes on top.  Prince William's version also had cheddar cheese on top.  And since cheese is ALWAYS a good addition and I LOVE blue cheese with sweet potatoes, I went with Gorgonzola.  Check out my "recipes" page for this and other recipes.

The entire 13 by 9 inch dish came out to only 66 WWPP.  I decided to call it 6 servings at 11 WWPP each which was a very generous portion.  I served it with a salad of mixed greens dressed with my Homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette (also on recipe page) which is similar to the one in my last post, but better.  It was so delicious and even better for lunch the next day! 

Comments

Popular Posts